Custom Neon Signs

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Neonize

Another day at the beach....stress has become secondary to the sound of the waves against the shore. Vacations are good...... Don't get to do it often enough, but the week I get soothes the soul. Got a little sun burned today in the pool......thank goodness I got out and threw the frisbee for a while with my son or I would be sleeping on top of the sheet tonight.

Stopped by a neon shop today and spent a good hour with Gary Johnston of Neon Works http://www.neonworksmb.com/  in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. My son and I passed his shop this morning and then returned for a visit after lunch. Gary was very cordial and we shared some neon stories as I admired his fantastic work. Gary has a vast portfolio of work on the Grand Strand and his shop is responsible for some of the most fantastic neon here. If you are looking to pick up a ready made sign while vacationing in Myrtle Beach, look him up. He has literally a hundred signs hanging all over the place for admiration and for purchase. I really enjoyed seeing how someone else in the business gets it done and he was very helpful to me.

Got a few more days of serenity to go before I return to the war zone and I am going to make sure I enjoy every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment